There are two types of lifts: aerial (chairlifts, gondolas, cable cars) and surface or drag lifts (pomas, T-bars, rope tows). If you are unsure how to use these lifts ask the lift attendant.
When riding lifts, remember the following:
- Swinging or bouncing on the lift is dangerous.
- Always unload smoothly and ski or slide away from the unloading area.
- Always use the safety bar on chairlifts.
- Never drop litter from lifts (or anywhere else).
- If an aerial lift breaks down while you are on it, don’t jump off but wait for the lift attendants to evacuate you safely, with assistance from the Ski Patrol.