- Statistics prove that the more experienced skiers/boarders have less accidents and the best way to learn and progress is to take lessons.
- Lessons will allow you to better handle powder snow, ice, bumps, steeper terrain and narrow trails as well as packed, smoother terrain.
- If you are alone and in an unfamiliar ski area, class lessons will give you the opportunity for fun and social contact as well as the learning experience.
Getting the most out of lessons
- Take lessons from a trained professional rather than friends, no matter how well you feel your friend skis/boards.
- Whether you take private or class lessons, let your instructor know why you are taking the lesson, how many lessons you plan to take, and what you would like to improve.
- When a lesson is over ask your instructor to direct you to the most suitable runs.
Your general enjoyment of the sport is often directly related to your ability to handle the different types of terrain and snow conditions available – the fewer restrictions you have in this regard usually means the more fun you have.