Tobogganing in specially prepared areas is one way of enjoying the snow.
Tobogganing can be dangerous and great care should be taken. Parents should ensure adequate supervision is provided when children are tobogganing.
Not all resorts allow tobogganing. You should check with the Resort Management before you go.
STAY SAFE ON TOBOGGANS
- At resorts, toboggan in designated areas only.
- There should always be a clear, safe runout at the bottom.
- Do not use car tyres or plastic bags, which can cause serious injury.
- Do not have more than one person in a toboggan at any one time.
- Do not make toboggan ‘trains’ where people link themselves to other toboggans.
- Do not toboggan in areas near rocks and trees.